Monday 3 August 2009

Back To Bike

Ten previous days, ten different ways. A rhyme every time. Today, though, I reverted to the default setting. Think once, think twice, think bike.

I've missed the old thing over the last fortnight. Of course, it did play an essential part in getting me to selected local stations and central locations (there I go again), but that's not the same as doing the complete Ipswich to Martlesham run.

I say "old thing" -- actually it's quite a new thing. My employer (not Busby Telecom) signed up to the rather good Cycle To Work Scheme, enabling me to trade in the old jalopy and acquire a sleek new model hand built by Chris Boardman. Or so said the man at Halford's. Money comes straight out of my salary, thus isn't too obvious a hit, and I get it tax-free. What's not to like/bike?

Plus I had money left over to put towards new panniers, a rack, a lid (as my colleague insists on calling it) and, importantly, a heavy duty lock. As my daughter would say, It's All Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment