Sunday 26 July 2009

No Escape

It's the weekend, and all thoughts of work have drifted far away like little fluffy clouds. Weather's doing nothing and my son, The Boy, wants to play his old man at badminton. Plenty of slots free at Gainsborough on the other side of town, so into the car we go. I'm about to serve when I spot this banner high up on the wall of the sports hall:

-- Adastral Park - home of BT's technology

There's obviously no getting away from the site. Talking of which, the website to which it directs the casual observer is this:

www.bt.com/innovation

As a seasoned IT pro, I felt obliged to key this into my browser (Firefox, naturally), and promptly received the following message:

"Sorry - page not found (Error code 404)"

According to the wonderful Wayback Machine (aka the internet archive), that address hasn't been active since the year 2000. Oops. Mind you, that banner *is* a long way up on the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment